- There are currently no licensed medical therapies for inoperable chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH).
- Venous thromboembolism (VTE) is an important complication of neurosurgery. Current guidelines recommend pharmacologic prophylaxis in this setting with either unfractionated heparin or low-molecular-weight heparin (LMWH). We conducted a systematic review asking, “Among patients undergoing neurosurgical procedures, how safe and effective is the prophylactic use of heparin and mechanical devices?”
- To determine the prevalence of proximal deep venous thrombosis (DVT) in a general hospital.
- This study attempts to determine the incidence of established acute pulmonary embolism (PE) in a community/teaching general hospital.
- The purpose of this investigation is to assess the level of leukocytosis in acute pulmonary embolism (PE).
- The link between travel and the risk of venous thromboembolic disease (VTED) has been widely suspected. However, only cases or series of cases have been reported in the literature.