The Editorial Board is pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Charles G. Roland as Department Editor of our new section, “Medical History.” Dr. Roland was born and raised in Canada and received his M.D. from the University of Manitoba in 1958. He was a Senior Editor of the Journal of the American Medical Association from 1964 to March, 1969, when he was named Head, Section of Publications at the Mayo Clinic. He is a member of the editorial boards of Diseases of the Chest, Postgraduate Medical Journal and the American Medical Writers Association Bulletin. He is a co-author of the book, Scientific Writing, and has published widely in the realm of medical history. On August 18, 1969, Dr. Roland became Chairman of a newly created Department of the Medical Library and of Publications, Mayo Foundation Library. The new department will include the Mayo Medical Library and the Section of Publications. Dr. Roland is this year's President of the American Medical Writers Association.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
- The jocular side of Osier.Arch. Intern. Med. 1949; 84: 34
- The relation of medical literature to professional esteem.Lancet-Clinic. 1915; 114: 113
- The Life of Sir William Osier. vol. 1. The Clarendon Press, Oxford1925: 181
- Vaginismus.Med. News. 1884; 45: 673
- The Sexual Life of Woman in Its Physiological, Pathological, and Hygienic Aspects. Rebman Co., New York1910
- Disorders of the Sexual Function. F. A. Davis Co., Philadelphia1926
- Correspondence regarding aortic aneurysms.New Eng. J. Med. 1959; 260: 943
- Letters to the Journal.J.A.M.A. 1967; 200: 84
- McGill University Press, Montreal1939: 137 Classified Bibliography of Sir William Osler, Pseudonymous Papers. 2 ed.
© 1969 The American College of Chest Physicians. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.