- Definition and epidemiology of acute respiratory distress syndrome.Ann Transl Med. 2017; 5: 282
- Prone position in acute respiratory distress syndrome. Rationale, indications, and limits.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2013; 188: 1286-1293
- How I set up positive end-expiratory pressure: evidence- and physiology-based!.Crit Care. 2019; 23: 412
- Effects of artificial changes in chest wall compliance on respiratory mechanics and gas exchange in patients with acute lung injury (ALI).Crit Care. 2000; 4: P117
- Chest electrical impedance tomography examination, data analysis, terminology, clinical use and recommendations: consensus statement of the TRanslational EIT developmeNt stuDy group.Thorax. 2017; 72: 83-93
- Short-term physiologic consequences of regional pulmonary vascular occlusion in pigs.Anesthesiology. 2019; 131: 336-343
- Development of a critical care response—experiences from Italy during the Covid19 pandemic.Anesthesiol Clin. 2021; 39: 265-284
- Respiratory restriction and elevated pleural and esophageal pressures in morbid obesity.J Appl Physiol. 2010; 108: 212-218
- Positive end-expiratory pressure, pleural pressure, and regional compliance during pronation: an experimental study.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2021; 203: 1266-1274
- Can body mass index predict clinical outcomes for patients with acute lung injury/acute respiratory distress syndrome? A meta-analysis.Crit Care. 2017; 21: 36
Drs Rezoagli and Bastia contributed equally to the manuscript.
FUNDING/SUPPORT: The authors have reported to CHEST that no funding was received for this study.
FINANCIAL/NONFINANCIAL DISCLOSURES: The authors have reported to CHEST the following: G. B. and G. F. received fees from Draeger Medical for lectures also on EIT. None declared (E. R., L. B., A. G., A. C., T. L., G. G., P. C., A. P., A. S., A. P., R. F.).