Abbreviations:CMS ( Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services), EHR ( electronic health record), IT ( Information Technology), LCS ( lung cancer screening), LDCT ( low-dose CT)
- Reduced lung-cancer mortality with low-dose computed tomographic screening.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 395-409
- Decision memo for screening for lung cancer with low dose computed tomography.https://www.cms.gov/medicare-coverage-database/details/nca-decision-memo.aspx?NCAId=274&NcaName=Screening+for+Lung+Cancer+with+Low+Dose+Computed+Tomography+(LDCT)&TimeFrame=7&DocType=All&bc=AQAAIAAAAgAAAA%3d%3d&Date accessed: September 1, 2018
- Reviewing lung cancer screening: the who, where, when, why, and how.Clin Chest Med. 2018; 39: 31-43
- Final Recommendation Statement Lung Cancer Screening, December 2013. Update of previous USPSTF recommendation, 2004.http://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/Page/Document/RecommendationStatementFinal/lung-cancer-screening#update-of-previous-uspstf-recommendation-Date accessed: November 24, 2019
- Multilevel barriers to the successful implementation of lung cancer screening: why does it have to be so hard?.Ann Am Thoracic Soc. 2017; 14: 1261-1265
Borondy-Kitts A, Thomson CC, Christie A, et al. Massachusetts Lung Cancer Screening Learning Collaborative: facilitating and accelerating implementation of statewide lung cancer screening. Paper presented at: Academy Health/NIH Conference on the Science of Dissemination and Implementation; December 3, 2018; Washington, DC.
- Lung cancer screening implementation guide.https://www.lungcancerscreeningguide.orgDate accessed: March 28, 2019
- Cancer screening in the United States, 2019: a review of current American Cancer Society guidelines and current issues in cancer screening.CA Cancer J Clin. 2019; 69: 184-210
- Screening for lung cancer United States Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement.Ann Intern Med. 2014; 160: 330-338
- Perceptions and utilization of lung cancer screening among primary care physicians.J Thoracic Oncol. 2016; 11: 1856-1862
- The impact of fluctuations in pack-year smoking history in the electronic health record on lung cancer screening practices.Chest. 2018; 153: 575-578
- Pack-year cigarette smoking history for determination of lung cancer screening eligibility, comparison of the electronic medical record versus a shared decision-making conversation.Ann Am Thoracic Soc. 2017; 14: 1320-1325
- Using active choice within the electronic health record to increase influenza vaccination rates.J Gen Intern Med. 2017; 32: 790-795
- LCSR required data elements. Core documents.https://nrdrsupport.acr.org/support/solutions/articles/11000041252-lcsr-required-data-elementsDate accessed: January 30, 2020
FUNDING/SUPPORT: This work was supported by the National Lung Cancer Roundtable and the Task Group on Implementation of Lung Cancer Screening. The American Cancer Society receives an unrestricted educational grant from AstraZeneca for support of the National Lung Cancer Roundtable.