Abbreviations:AECOPD ( acute exacerbations of COPD), ICS ( inhaled corticosteroids)
- Pneumonia risk with inhaled fluticasone furoate and vilanterol in COPD patients with moderate airflow limitation: the SUMMIT trial.Respir Med. 2017; 131: 27-34
- Inhaled steroids and risk of pneumonia for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; 10: CD010115
- Inhaled corticosteroid use and the risk of pneumonia and COPD exacerbations in the UPLIFT study.Lung. 2017; 195: 281-288
- Risk-to-benefit ratio of inhaled corticosteroids in patients with COPD.Prim Care Respir J. 2013; 22: 92-100
- Blood eosinophil counts, exacerbations, and response to the addition of inhaled fluticasone furoate to vilanterol in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a secondary analysis of data from two parallel randomised controlled trials.Lancet Respir Med. 2015; 3: 435-442
- Blood eosinophils as a marker of response to inhaled corticosteroids in COPD.Eur Respir J. 2016; 47: 1299-1303
- Long-term Triple Therapy De-escalation to Indacaterol/Glycopyrronium in COPD Patients (SUNSET): a randomized, double-blind, triple-dummy clinical trial.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2018; 198: 329-339
- Blood eosinophil count and exacerbations in severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease after withdrawal of inhaled corticosteroids: a post-hoc analysis of the WISDOM trial.Lancet Respir Med. 2016; 4: 390-398
- Blood eosinophils and exacerbations in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease—the Copenhagen general population study.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2016; 193: 965-974
- Blood eosinophilia neither reflects tissue eosinophils nor worsens clinical outcomes in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2018; 197: 1216-1219
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide for diagnosing exacerbation in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Respiration. 2015; 90: 357-368
- Longitudinal measurement of serum vascular endothelial growth factor in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Respiration. 2015; 90: 97-104
- Systemic biomarkers of collagen and elastin turnover are associated with clinically relevant outcomes in COPD.Chest. 2017; 151: 47-59
- Eosinophilic inflammation in COPD: prevalence and clinical characteristics.Eur Respir J. 2014; 44: 1697-1700
- Eosinophils in COPD: how many swallows make a summer?.Eur Respir J. 2018; 51
- Blood eosinophils and response to maintenance chronic obstructive pulmonary disease treatment. Data from the FLAME Trial.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017; 195: 1189-1197
- Stabililty of blood eosinophils in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and in control subjects, and the impact of sex, age, smoking and baseline counts.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017; 195: 1402-1404
- Blood eosinophil count to predict bronchial eosinophilic inflammation in COPD.Eur Respir J. 2016; 47: 1562-1564
- Blood and sputum eosinophils in COPD; relationship with bacterial load.Resp Res. 2017; 18: 88
The results were presented as a poster discussion at the Schweizerische Gesellschaft für Pneumologie annual meeting, May 24-25, 2018, St. Gallen, Switzerland.
The results were also presented as a poster discussion at the European Respiratory Society Congress 2018, September 15-19, 2018, Paris, France.
FUNDING/SUPPORT: The authors have reported to CHEST that no funding was received for this study.