Abbreviations:e-cigarette ( electronic cigarette), ENDS ( electronic nicotine delivery systems), MSA ( metropolitan statistical areas)
- The Health Consequences of Involuntary Exposure to Tobacco Smoke: A Report of the Surgeon General.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA2006
- Public Health Consequences of E-Cigarettes.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2018
- A systematic review of the health risks from passive exposure to electronic cigarette vapour.Public Health Res Pract. 2016; 26
- Cigarettes vs. e-cigarettes: passive exposure at home measured by means of airborne marker and biomarkers.Environ Res. 2014; 135: 76-80
- Cigarette smoking status among current adult e-cigarette users, by age group—National Health Interview Survey, United States, 2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017; 66: 892
- Tobacco use among middle and high school students—United States, 2011-2016.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017; 66: 597-603
- Secondhand smoke exposure at home among middle and high school students in the United States—does the type of tobacco product matter?.BMC Public Health. 2017; 17: 98
Bayly J, Bernat D, Choi K. Prevalence and characteristics of secondhand smoke and secondhand vapor exposure among youth. Tob Control. In press. doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2018-054265.
Florida Department of Health. 2016 Florida Youth Tobacco Survey. http://www.floridahealth.gov/statistics-and-data/survey-data/florida-youth-survey/florida-youth-tobacco-survey/index.html. Accessed December 6, 2017.
National Center for Health Statistics. 2013 Urban-Rural Classification Scheme for Counties. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data_access/urban_rural.htm. Accessed November 30, 2017.
- Electronic cigarette use and respiratory symptoms in sdolescents.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017; 195: 1043-1049
- E-cigarette use among Florida youth with and without asthma.Am J Prev Med. 2016; 51: 446-453
- Association between electronic eigarette use and asthma among high school students in South Korea.PLoS One. 2016; 11: e0151022
- Electronic cigarettes: their constituents and potential links to asthma.Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2017; 17: 79
- Effects of theatrical smokes and fogs on respiratory health in the entertainment industry.Am J Ind Med. 2005; 47: 411-418
- Characterisation of mainstream and passive vapours emitted by selected electronic cigarettes.Int J Hyg Environ Health. 2015; 218: 169-180
FUNDING/SUPPORT: The efforts of J. E. B. and K. C. on this study were supported by the Division of Intramural Research, National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities . The efforts of J. E. B. were also made possible through the National Institutes of Health Medical Research Scholars Program, a public-private partnership supported jointly by the National Institutes of Health and generous contributions to the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health from the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation , the American Association for Dental Research , the Colgate-Palmolive Company , Genentech , Elsevier, and other private donors.