Abbreviations:FTND ( Fagerstrom Nicotine Dependence Test), MNWS ( Minnesota Nicotine Withdrawal Scale), NRT ( nicotine replacement therapy)
Ministry of Health of People’s Republic of China. China Report on the Health Hazards of Smoking. Beijing, China: China People's Medical Publishing House; 2012.
World Health Organization. The Bill China Cannot Afford: Health, Economic and Social Costs of China’s Tobacco Epidemic. Manila, Philippines: Publications Office, World Health Organization Regional Office for the Western Pacific; 2017.
- Contrasting male and female trends in tobacco-attributed mortality in China: evidence from successive nationwide prospective cohort studies.Lancet. 2015; 386: 1447-1456
- Nicotine addiction.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 2295-2303
- Establishment and evaluation of a smoking cessation clinic in Hong Kong: a model for the future service provider.Public Health (Oxf). 2004; 26: 239-244
- Is acupuncture beneficial in tobacco cessation, and is its effect specific? A meta analysis.Acupuncture & Moxibustion. 2002; 1: 76-85
- Electroacupuncture therapy in nicotine dependence: a double blind, sham-controlled study.Noro Psikiyatr Ars. 2016; 53: 28-32
- Effectiveness of acupuncture for smoking cessation in a Chinese population.Asia Pac J Public Health. 2015; 27: NP2610-NP2622
- Acupuncture for smoking cessation in Hong Kong: a prospective multicenter observational study.Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2016; (28658312016)
- Acupuncture and related interventions for smoking cessation.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; CD000009
- [Condition and effectiveness evaluation of acupuncture for smoking cessation].Zhongguo Zhen Jiu. 2015; 35 ([in Chinese]): 851-857
China National Health and Family Planning Commission. China Clinical Guidelines for Tobacco Cessation; 2015.
WHO Regional Office for the Western Pacific. WHO Standard Acupuncture Point Locations in the Western Pacific Region. Manila, Philippines: World Health Organization; 2008.
China Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine. GB/T 13734-2008 Nomenclature and Location of Auricular Points. Beijing: China Standards Press; 2008.
- Revised STandards for Reporting Interventions in Clinical Trials of Acupuncture (STRICTA): extending the CONSORT statement.J Evid Based Med. 2010; 3: 140-155
- A randomized controlled clinical trial of auricular acupuncture in smoking cessation.J Chin Med Assoc. 2007; 70: 331-338
- The efficacy of auriculotherapy for smoking cessation: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial.J Am Board Fam Med. 2013; 26: 61-70
- Efficacy of an alternative smoking cessation treatment.J Addict Dis. 2011; 30: 368-381
- Ear acupressure for smoking cessation: a randomised controlled trial.Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013; : 637073
- Immediate effects and central mechanism of acupuncture for craving of smoking based on fALFF: an fMRI study.Chin J Tradit Chin Med Pharm. 2016; 31: 17-23
- Outcome research methodology of smoking cessation trials (1994-1998).Addict Behav. 2004; 29: 441-463
Drs Wang and Liu contributed equally to this manuscript.
FUNDING/SUPPORT: This paper was supported by the Special Scientific Research Fund of Traditional Chinese Medicine Profession of China [Project 201307014].